- Linear Collider Communicators (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Perrine Royole-Degieux, CNRS/IN2P3, France +33 4 73 40 54 59, email@example.com
- Barbara Warmbein, DESY, Germany, +49 40 8998 1847, firstname.lastname@example.org
- KEK Press Office, KEK, Japan, email@example.com
ICFA Statement on the ILC Project
ICFA was encouraged by the reports from Mr. H. Masuko, Deputy-Director General, MEXT Research Promotion Bureau and Hon. T. Kawamura, Chairperson of the Federation of Diet Members for the ILC, at the ICFA meeting held at the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, Stanford, USA, on the 20th February 2020. Based on these reports:
• ICFA reconfirms the international consensus for a Higgs factory and wishes to see the timely construction of the ILC in Japan.
• ICFA acknowledges and welcomes the inter-governmental discussion between Japan, the United States and European nations, to advance international collaborative activities for the ILC.
• ICFA notes the need for a preparatory phase ahead of the establishment of the ILC laboratory and the construction of the ILC in Japan.
• ICFA advocates establishment of an international development team to facilitate transition into the preparatory phase.
- The development team should be hosted by KEK, with leadership chosen with the help of ICFA.
- The team would develop a plan for the preparatory phase for the construction of the ILC, including technical, organizational and governance issues. It also would be tasked with understanding the activities and resources required in the preparatory phase. The process of developing the plan should involve the interested laboratories and community.
- ICFA anticipates that these development activities could be completed in approximately one year, at which point it would be possible to launch the preparatory phase for the ILC, provided Japan expresses intent to do so together with international partners.
• In view of progress towards realisation of the ILC in Japan, ICFA encourages the interested members of the high energy physics community, laboratories, and nations, to support and participate in these preparations aimed at the successful establishment of the ILC.
Menlo Park, CA, USA